Project of Shop for Helping Nation
Cabinet passed a resolution dated December 13, 2016 to approve a draft of ministerial regulation issued under Revenue Code on Revenue Exemption (Measures of economic impulses during the end of B.E. 2559 (2016)). There has been personal income tax exemption for a taxpayer who is individual and pays VAT registrants for product price or service fees during December 14-31, 2016 in the amount actually paid and not over 15,000 Baht.
- The taxpayer shall have a full form of a tax invoice under Section 86/4 of Revenue Code for the purchase or service at that time.
- Only the purchase for domestic use or the service for domestic use shall be exempted from personal income tax. And the taxpayer shall pay VAT in the rate of 7%.
- Products in this ministerial regulation exclude alcohol, beer, wine, tobacco, cars, motorcycles, ships, oil and gasoline filled in vehicles.
- Exempted service fees exclude service fees (1) which are paid to tourism business persons under tourism business and guide law for domestic travel and (2) which are paid to hotel business persons for hotel accommodation fees under hotel law.
Tourism and Hotel Business
Ministerial regulation No. 322 (B.E. 2559 (2016)) dated December 1, 2016 and Notification of Director-General on Income Tax No. 280 dated December 2, 2016 issue personal income exemption for service fees which a taxpayer pays (1) to tourism business persons under tourism business and guide law for domestic travel or (2) to hotel business persons under hotel law for hotel accommodation fees. The rules, procedures, and conditions are the following:
- Service fees exempted from personal income tax shall be domestic travel fees or hotel accommodation fees in the amount actually paid and not over 15,000 Baht.
- Such service fees shall be paid during December 1-31, 2016.
- A taxpayer means
- a husband with a non-income wife,
- a wife with a non-income husband,
- a husband or a wife has income and separate from filing tax return.
Each taxpayer is entitled to exempt from the personal income tax.
- a husband and a wife has income and files tax return together.
Both taxpayers are entitled to exempt from the personal income tax.
- A taxpayer shall pay service fees for his/her travel and receive payment evidence from tourism or hotel business persons.